Monday, January 16, 2017

Winter in Wyoming

I did a bit of traveling this fall/winter season! I was finally able to try my hand at some photos of the Grand Teton mountains of Jackson Hole/Yellowstone. I love the way they turned out!


I really wanted to capture the majesty of these beautiful mountains. 


I wanted to try and give the photo a warm fall feeling so I did a little editing. Which one do you like?


On the way home, the adventure continued! A mama bear and her cub brought me to a stop as they crossed the highway in front of me! I attempted to take some photos and while not as clear or focused as I would like, they are still an amazing example of why you should always have a camera on hand! You never know when you might need it!


I will say that you need to be safe when photographing wildlife. I was amazed at the few idiotic individuals who thought it would be a good idea to get OUT of thier vehicles and try to chase down these two. Going after a bear is NEVER a good idea but a MAMA BEAR is 100 times worse. Please people, use your head!!

I was able to score these amazing pictures from the window of my car!! Because it was on a highway, I wasn't able to stop for long so I do wish my photos had been better but considering the fading light, location and excitement- I will always treasure these!


I took some photos of the hoar frost the other morning but my computer that has my editing software has died due to the charger suddenly fried. I will hopefully get back to business next week.

Hope you have a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment